I was driving with the kids last Friday and they started getting restless, so to keep them occupied, I suggested that they play the alphabet game. You know, the game where you look for all the letters in the alphabet in the billboards you pass on the road. They got all the way to "Z" but by this time we had turned off onto a highway heading through a rural area where there were no more signs along the road. Not to give up, the girl decides to sing songs to pass the time. They broke into an extremely loud rendition of "This is the Song that Never Ends..." but before they got to the third line, I hushed them up and told them that they could sing any song they wanted as long as it was not that song. So they sang "Old McDonald" but this Old McDonald had lots of other things besides farm animals on his farm. Things like shoes, stinky socks, and even Mr. Potato Heads. Apparently he even had a Daddy on his farm. That verse went like this:
All Three Kids singing at the top of their lungs:
"Old McDonald Had a Farm, E I E I O
And On his farm he had a Daddy, E I E I O
With a "No, No" here and a "No, No" there
Here a "No", there a "No", everywhere a" No, No"
Old McDonald had a farm, E I E I O"
I guess my kids and Old McDonald have similar Dads.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds just like some of the songs daddy and his brothers used to sing in the car! It's in the genes. Did you try to play the "quiet game" that we used to play?
We try to do the "quiet game" every so often. As soon as we start, Andrew starts shouting, "I'm gonna win! I'm the best!" Then one or both of the others starts shouting back that he will not win because he's making too much noise and you have to be quiet to win the quiet game, etc. You get the idea. It rarely works the way it's supposed to.
Post a Comment