Thursday, January 7, 2010

Petting Farm

I decided that I would really like to start contributing to my blog again.  I have a bunch of pictures on my camera and I am going to make some attempt to get caught up.


Our 2nd annual trip to the petting farm occurred again in October.  Here are a few highlights:

Last year, it was really cold on the day we went.  This year it wasn't.  The petting farm is about an hour-and-a-half from our house.  That morning, as we were getting ready to go, the kids were busily pulling sweatshirts out of their closets, because "it's always cold at the petting zoo."  I informed them that it was going to be a hot day, and the weather at the farm would be the same as it was at our house.  This was shocking to them.  They took their sweatshirts anyway.  And peeled them off as soon as we got out of the car.

Here was my favorite sign, posted near the cow (which we were warned never to stand directly behind).



Our tour guide told us that the pigs were the cleanest animals on the farm.  It's the ducks that are dirty and nasty.
But Andrew didn't buy that story.




It turns out that Matthew is an expert poultry rustler.  He caught a lot of birds in the poultry pens.



He even caught one for his little brother to hold.



And Maggie got one, too.



Those poor birds.  Does PETA know about this place?  I feel sorry for anyone who has to spend their days being harassed by preschoolers.  Wait a minute, I think I fall under that category...

But I digress.  Our final stop at the farm was the pumpkin patch.  They send all the pumpkins that are too small to be sold to this place.  But that's okay.  The kids are thrilled to get their very own pumpkin.


1 comment:

Shelly J. said...

That place looks so fun. We will have to visit it sometime.