The kangaroos were out and hopping around. That was new. I've never seen them do anything more than lie under palmetto bushes.
I handed the camera off to Matthew several times during the morning. He is an aspiring photographer. I'm not quite sure what he saw in these emus.
But perhaps it's best not to probe the depths of a six-year-old's mind.
We had a treat when we found out that the butterfly exhibit was back up. I've missed those butterflies.
They gazed at the cocoons for a few minutes.
Maggie tried to coax a butterfly onto her finger, but it earned her a scolding from a zookeeper.
Another highlight of the day was the aviary. Andrew spent his life savings buying nectar cups and seed sticks for everyone.
Matthew got a hold of the camera again, in an effort to photograph the bats.
I can see his photography skills really taking off once he grows a foot or two.
Finally, after we wore ourselves out at the play area (at least they wore me out), the kids begged me to take a picture on the gopher tortoise.
1 comment:
Wow! All the kids are really growing (like you didn't know that already)! Maggie looks like quite the young lady!
Post a Comment