Monday, December 20, 2010

ER Visit

Well, Katy had her first ER visit today. Nobody knows how it happened, but she was playing outside with all the other kids, and she managed to dislocate her elbow. The ER doctor popped it back into place and gave her a sling. It's about 5 sizes too big.


We were pretty surprised with how well she kept that sling on. Her elbow must have been really hurting. She wouldn't move her arm at all--not even to bring her thumb to her mouth. And if you've spent any time at all around this girl, you would know that her thumb is always in her mouth. Poor girl. Hopefully it will be back to normal in the morning.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Oh, no I am so sorry to hear about that. Poor little girl. I hope she is back to her old self soon.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I happened to look over at Todd's screen, just as he pulled your blog up, and gasped. "See," he said, "that's why we have to be careful with Caleb." Does Katie love to be swung around by her hands...? Cause Caleb LOVES it. Maybe we should stop though..

Sarah said...

Oh no!! We've had that happen a ton of times. Is she better? Usually after they put it back in it is back to normal usage right away. If she's still not using it they didn't put it back right. I'll call you!

Bonnie said...

Sorry, I meant to updat the next morning. She started using her arm the next morning and it's fine now. Amanda, swinging by the arms is probably a bad idea, as Sarah could tell you. ;) Thanks for the tips Sarah. Hopefully this was an isolated event, but if not, I may be calling you again!