We planted a little mango tree this spring and to our great surprise, it grew a mango! Here is our little mango. We go out and look at it almost everyday to make sure it's still there. If you have never shopped for mango trees, there are dozens of varieties. And they are all better than the ones you can buy at the grocery store. When I was trying to decide what kind of tree to buy, the guy at the garden center was answering all my questions about them and if this variety or that variety tasted good. Finally, he said, "You know, I never met a mango that I didn't like." Hopefully our little mango will make it to adulthood and we can enjoy it. It would be the first thing that our fruit trees have managed to produce (other than a couple of not-so-good tangerines that we picked last winter).
7 years ago
3 comments:
Mmmm....I love mago! Way to go! :)
I meant MANGO! Oops.
I totally envy your climate for all the fruit you can grow! But I am glad not to experience your summers :)
Post a Comment