7 years ago
Friday, July 25, 2008
Walking
I started walking this week with another gal in my neighborhood. Oh, 6 am sure does come early. Having a buddy is a great motivation, though. I would never get out bed if without someone else to hold me accountable. Today was especially hard to get out of bed, because I didn't get much sleep the night before last. It's funny how lack of sleep always hits harder the second day. Once I got going and my blood started to move, I felt better (a little). It's nice to wake up and be able to think, instead of waking up to a toddler demanding breakfast. I always like to see the sun coming up, too. I think it's the prettiest, most peaceful time of day. Maybe sometime I will take a camera and take some pictures of the sunrise over a canal. We have no shortage of canals here. There are plenty of mosquitoes, too. When I got home this morning, I'd acquired a few more mosquito bites and I was drenched in sweat, even though it wasn't really hot. Out thermometer said it was 74 degrees and 83% humidity. Whew! That's why I have have to get up before the sun. I don't think I'd last more than a couple minutes with the sun baking me in this humidity (or would that be more of a braise?). But hey, at least I never have to wear lotion, and my throat rarely gets dry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! It's amazing what walking can do not only for physical health but also for mental health! Linda
Way to go, Bonnie! I used to go walking regularly--before I had my baby. For me, winters were the hard part. My friend and I finally decided after 2 winters of walking through everything, that we'd sleep in on the days the temperature was in the single digits. It was great--I slept in a lot last winter! :)
Post a Comment