Monday, November 24, 2008

Marshmallow Houses

Last Tuesday, when Kevin went off with his Boy Scouts, Matthew declared that he would teach us how to make marshmallow houses (that must be what he learned in pre-k last week). The kids did not like whatever it was I made for dinner (it wasn't macaroni and cheese) so they were all pretty eager to get their hands on a bag of marshmallows.

Maggie constructed her house in short order, although it was not built to Matthew's specifications. Then she got started on a marshmallow man (like the one on the marshmallow bag).

I've noticed that marshmallows don't have very much structural integrity. Maggie's house had a definite lean to it and Matthew had a hard time getting his to stay in place long enough to get all the toothpicks stuck in it. I eventually stepped in and got his all squared off so that it would stand up on its own.

Andrew made a token attempt to stick some marshmallow together, then he did what he does best and sampled his work.


Once they got everything put together, they got to watch a movie and eat marshmallows. The next day, Maggie came down with the stomach flu. I don't think it was related to having marshmallows for dinner. But she's finally better now and she got to go off to school again today.

In other news, one of Kevin's co-workers was trying to get his camera to work and he snapped this picture:


So now I finally have some idea of what his office looks like. That was very exciting for me. It made my weekend.

1 comment:

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

Love the marshmellow houses! I can't wait until I can have those sibling moments!