Maggie woke up on Sunday complaining of a sore throat. I always get sore throats before every little cold, so I didn't think too much of it. By Monday afternoon, I decided to take her to the doctor, because she was pretty whiny about the pain. The receptionist said, "We're all booked up today, try back in the morning. We open at 8 am." When did they adopt that policy? After she hung up, I stuck my tongue out at the phone and asked why she couldn't just schedule me for tomorrow right away. Well by the next morning, Maggie was starting to feel better, so I never did take her in.
But today, Matthew woke up with a severe sore throat. I made sure to call the doctor soon after 8 am, so we could all trek over to her office before lunchtime. Matthew came back positive for Strep. I mentioned that Maggie had had a sore throat earlier in the week. So she got a throat swab, too. Then, we decided to test Andrew for good measure, even though he said he felt fine. Well, all 3 of them came back positive.
And that got me thinking. Hey, my throat is kind of scratchy. Hmmm. Maybe I should go to the doctor. Amazingly, I got an appointment right away. The doctor looked at my three little kids with Strep and he said, "I'm not going to stick anything down your throat. There's no way you won't catch it too. Here's your prescription." I figured if I was going to pay him $15, I should at least get to have a test, but at least I got my very own medicine.
2 comments:
Man, that stinks! Are you guys feeling better now? I haven't had strep throat since I was a kid. This flu season has been awful, covering every imaginable illness it seems!
hey Bonnie I found this great site. while viewing it, I found some cool ideas for visiting teaching. Anyway thought I'd pass it along! glad you guys are all better!!
http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/rs/compassion/visiting.htm#ways
Post a Comment